Frequent Asked Questions

  • an individual who has less than 4 ADL points but answers one of the following criteria:
  • an additional disabled person resides in the home
  • a mentally retarded individual residing with a parent over the age of 70
  • a (partially disabled) parent of more than 2 children under the age of 16 residing together
  • a cancer patient requiring treatment and supervision for most of the day
  • a couple who are both eligible for nursing benefits (given in special cases)
  • an individual in the rehabilitative unit of the Ministry of Defense and a disabled IDF soldier eligible for a companion for at least 17 hours.

Who is entitled to receive a permit for employing a foreign worker as a caregiver?

A person who is limited in performing daily functions and for who a level of dependency has been determined by one of the following:
1. National Insurance Institute: eligibility for nursing care hours in the framework of the Nursing Care Law or eligibility for special services pension – S.R.M
2. Ministry of Health: those over the age of retirement but not eligible for nursing benefits as a result of high income, or have relinquished nursing benefits

(to download a form click here).
3. Ministry of Defense: the elderly who are under care of the Ministry of Defense

In order to evaluate dependency a certified nurse from one of the above institutions comes to the patient’s home. The assessment consists of points for each daily task performed / not performed such as: dressing, bathing, feeding, walking, incontinence, communication and orientation in space and time.
The number of points needed in the dependency assessment to be eligible for a permit for a foreign worker is at least 4.5 points (or 4 points for a single individual).

If the patient is found eligible to employ a foreign worker, an application requesting a permit must be submitted to the authorized unit of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor, with the receipt for payment of the fee of 265NIS, a photocopy of the patient’s ID and confirmation of the dependency assessment or eligible hours from the National Insurance Institute (not compulsory). The process takes about one month.

The permit application can be given to our office to be passed on directly to the authorized unit of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor.

What topics might be of interset for you?

Contact Us

Contact Us

Accessibility Toolbar

Let's have a chat

Need help with Caregiver Need info how to Requite a care-giver let's have a chat.

Looking for Purposeful Work?

We are Hiring!

Join Us!

In times of peace
and in time of war
we are here for you

branches are open

Matan Group

דגל ישראל